God Loves You!
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
God has a wonderful plan for your life!
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. (John 10:10b)
Walking Down the Romans Road to Salvation
Because of our sin, we are separated from God.
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
The Penalty for our sin is death.
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
The penalty for our sin was paid by Jesus Christ!
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
If we repent of our sin, then confess and trust Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we will be saved from our sins!
For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:13)
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9,10)
Are you a sinner? The Bible says that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23). That means that your sins have caused a separation between you and God (Isaiah 59:2), and the result is death (Rom. 6:23) and wrath (Eph. 2:3). The only way to be saved from the wrath of God is to be saved from it by faith in Christ (Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 5:1). You must trust in what Jesus did on the cross to forgive you of your sins and not trust anything else–not even your own sincerity or works. It is Jesus and only Jesus who can turn away the righteous judgment of God upon the sinner.
Jesus is the One you need. You need him alone. Your works won’t help you (Rom. 3:10-12; Isaiah 64:6), nor will your sincerity. You can never be good enough, and you have nothing to offer God except your sinfulness Jesus is the one who died for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). He is the only way to God the Father (John 14:6). He alone reveals God (Matt. 11:27). He has all authority in heaven and earth (Matt. 28:18). It is only through Him that you can be saved from God’s wrath (Eph. 2:3). He can forgive you of your sin (Luke 5:20; Matt. 9:1-8). He can do this because He bore sin in His body on the cross (1 Peter. 2:24), so that those who trust in Him would be saved.
If you are not a Christian and want to be delivered from the righteous judgment of God, then come to the One who died for the sins of the world. Come to the One who died for sinners (Matt. 11:28). Believe and trust in Jesus. Receive Jesus, who is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14) and who died and rose from the dead (1 Cor. 15:1-4), as your Lord and Savior. Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins (John 14:14; Matt. 9:1-8). Receive Christ (John 1:12) and the sacrifice he made on the cross (1 Pet. 2:24). Turn from your sins (Acts 3:19). Only He can wash you clean from your sins, and only Jesus can deliver you from the future judgment of a holy and infinite God. Pray to Jesus. Seek Him. Ask Him to save you. Put your trust in him.
Growing in Christ
Now that you are a “new creation” in Jesus Christ, the road ahead will be full of life-changing experiences. Growing in knowledge and understanding of the Bible and your Christian walk with God is essential for your spiritual growth.
Here are some ways that you can grow as a Christian:
- Be baptized.
- Baptism identifies you with Christ.
- Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?” Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him. Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away, so that he went on his way rejoicing. But Philip was found at Azotus. And passing through, he preached in all the cities till he came to Caesarea. (Acts 8:35-40)
- Study the Bible.
- The Bible will guide you through life and answer life’s questions. Finding out God’s will for your life is found through prayer and Bible study.
- Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (Psalm 119:105)
- Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Share your faith with others.
- Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord. (2 Timothy 1:8)
- Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 10:32)
- But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witness to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria,and to the end of the earth. (Acts 1:8)
- Be part of a local church.
- Find a good church to go to. Here is a list of several good churches in the Treasure Valley – Treasure Valley Church Directory
- And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; (Ephesians 4:11-12)
- Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. (Colossians 3:16)
- Fellowship with other Christians.
- And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works; not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. (Hebrews 10:24, 25)
- Make prayer a part of your daily life.
- God desires to meet your needs!
- So He said to them, “When you pray, say: our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.” (Luke 11:2-4)